Carters/OshKosh Senior Operations Manager - 2nd Shift in Stockbridge, Georgia
Senior Operations Manager - 2nd Shift
- Date Updated:March 27, 2018Job Level:Management
- Job Type:Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience:7 - 10 Years
- Travel:Not SpecifiedLevel of Education:BA/BS
- Position ID:85329-263135
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in the United States and Canada of apparel and related products exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through nearly 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States and Canada and on-line at www.carters.com , www.oshkosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You, Precious Firsts, and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon.com. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. If you dream of working with innovative colleagues who support and inspire you, Count on Carter's .
- Accountable for managing all processing and VAS operations of assigned shift.
- Coordinate the flow of work across all channels of business by collaborating with the Operations and Support leadership to maximize efficiency, service levels and accuracy.
- Proper utilization of people, equipment, technology and facility for all distribution operations (inbound, inventory control, quality control and outbound functions).
- Understand and achieve all functional area performance metrics (service, cost, quality and accuracy) for all channels of business.
- Know and achieve productivity targets while maintaining high levels of safety, quality, accuracy, service and morale.
- Understand and own the daily workload/workflow for your specific functional area and shift and make sound business adjustments to ensure your functional area is operating at most efficient model.
- Through training, coaching and leadership, ensure your team is achieving/exceeding daily production plans.
- Model and promote teamwork across all functional areas and with all shift departments and functions.
- Understand and constantly use continuous improvement methodology to increase, quality, accuracy service and safety while increasing productivity.
- Develop, implement and enforce standard operating procedures and daily work guidelines and processes that optimize resource (people, equipment, technology) utilization.
- Ensure the day-to-day operations of your functional area run smoothly and efficiently (meeting/exceeding all performance metrics while displaying top leadership behaviors).
- Work closely with peers and support staff to develop goals and objectives that align with shift/facility/corporate goals and objectives.
SUPERVISORY / BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITY
- Understand and properly manage all production levers that impact all functional areas productivity rates while maintaining high levels of service, quality and morale.
- Develop associates (exempt and non-exempt) through timely feedback, effective communication, proper expectations and training, mentoring/coaching so they can achieve their professional metrics/goals and take on roles of increased responsibility over time.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly performance reviews for all direct reports (addressing metrics and leadership behaviors).
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with internal business partners (order management & logistics , planning, quality, business units, etc.).
Direct reports include Operations Managers and/or Supervisors on assigned shift.
Actively own safety (incidents, near misses, accidents, awareness, etc.) through full participation in all safety related matters (meetings, supporting initiatives, investigations, etc.).
Experience and Skills
- Solid understanding and knowledge of the latest distribution center technologies (Manhattan warehouse management systems (WMS), radio-frequency scanners, warehouse control systems (WCS), conveyors, etc.).
- Solid working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Proven ability in making sound business decisions (focus on the decision-making process).
- Proven leadership ability (focus on being proactive, leading/driving change, repeatedly achieving given goals, motivating people, coaching/developing people and being a good follower - disagree and commit).
- Strong customer-focus (demonstrated success in identifying, understanding, aligning, delivering and following-up with internal and external customers).
- Demonstrated success working within a matrix organization and team environment while meeting/exceeding expectations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and evening or weekend shifts.
Demonstrated success with multi-tasking and the ability to adapt to ever-changing environment while maintaining clear focus on all priorities.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- BS/BA degree in a related field, preferred.
- 5-10 years of managerial level experience with a preference of 1-3 years in the apparel distribution functional area. Experience with Wholesale and Retail distribution preferred.
- Experience leading teams of 50+ associates (non-exempt) and management teams (exempt) of 3+.
- Experience working within a sophisticated Information Technology (IT) structure.
- Experience working a high volume, fast-paced Supply Chain environment.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills required.
- Must be available to work 1st(Mon-Fri), 2nd(Mon-Fri nights), 3rd(Fri-Sun days) shift as assigned.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Must be available to work consecutive days in a row (for example 14+ days).
- Comply with Blackout Periods (no vacation or personal time allowed) as determined by Management.
- Able to work on/throughout Holiday periods as decided by management (retail environment).
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.