Carters/OshKosh Sr Graphic Designer, Skip Hop in New York, New York
Sr Graphic Designer, Skip Hop
New York, NY
- Date Updated:April 12, 2018Job Level:Mid Career (2+ years)
- Job Type:Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience:Any
- Travel:Not SpecifiedLevel of Education:BA/BS
- Position ID:85329-264018
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in the United States and Canada of apparel and related products exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through nearly 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States and Canada and on-line at www.carters.com , www.oshkosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You, Precious Firsts, and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon.com. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. If you dream of working with innovative colleagues who support and inspire you, Count on Carter's .
Skip Hop is a global lifestyle brand devoted to designing innovative products for parents, babies, and toddlers. With a core philosophy that begins and ends with 'Must-Haves Made Better,' Skip Hop passionately re-thinks, re-energizes and re-engineers key essentials to simplify product decisions for parents. When products perform well – at every stage, in every moment – parents and kids can embrace their journey with more joy. Founded in 2003 in New York City, the brand makes award-winning products across a wide range of categories including diaper bags, on-the-go accessories, bathtime, mealtime, playtime, nursery & gear, and toddler. With distinctive design elements and superior function, Skip Hop products complement the modern home while pleasing parents and kids alike.
- Supports the creative team in designing and developing digital & print marketing materials
- Creation of digital assets for skiphop.com and digital marketing- Includes homepage & site assets, email, paid social & display- Expert in both desktop and mobile guidelines and best practices
- Design and execute printed collateral, trade show signage, and promotional materials, ensuring alignment with overall brand identity.
- Has a strong grasp of the creative concepting process (from idea to execution).
- Ability to translate a marketing brief and execute day-to-day requests.
- Assist Director of Creative Services with art direction for on-figure and still life photo shoots
- Design large scale tradeshow graphics, window design and in-store displays
- Mentor junior team members to ensure best practices are followed, and skills are introduced and understood.
- Develop strong relationships with cross functional team members (Merchandising, Production and Design) through communication and problem solving
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor degree in graphic design with a minimum of 6 years experience as a graphic designer
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail is a must.
- A solid working knowledge of the latest versions of applicable programs -- Mac OS, Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator, etc.
- A good working knowledge of interactivity and the Web
- Passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
- Self motivated, organized and accountable
- Strong level of creativity, conceptualization, execution, organization
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative design environment
- Solid communication and presentation skills
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today