Carters/OshKosh Domestic Operations Manager, Skip Hop in New York, New York
Domestic Operations Manager, Skip Hop
New York, NY
- Date Updated:March 06, 2018Job Level:Management
- Job Type:Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience:Any
- Travel:Not SpecifiedLevel of Education:BA/BS
- Position ID:85329-261626
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com , www.oshkoshbgosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop , a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com .
The Domestic Operations Manager oversees the Order Management and Logistics process by providing leadership and direction to a team of EDI Account Coordinators to ensure flawless execution of order processing, routing and invoicing. The Domestic Operations Manager is knowledgeable of customer-specific information including compliance guides. He/she provides leadership and direction for all inbound and outbound customer interfaces and order management to sustain and enhance the business relationship with assigned accounts.
- Direct, coach, train, and motivate assigned order management team. Ensure development plans are defined and individuals are assigned to appropriate roles. Provide strong leadership in the development of empowered teams.
- Develop and execute Order Management performance metrics, both individually and as a team. Aggressively drive process improvements within the department and influence improvements across the organization as a whole.
- Makes strategic and tactical decisions on immediate and future operational opportunities promoting a flawless and executable order management outcome.
- Generate and monitor daily screens/reports to efficiently monitor the pool of orders flowing through our supply chain to our customers
- Communicate current and future shipping expectations, by customer, to our sales team, operations team, distribution team in daily meetings.
- Accountable for all facets of order processing to ensure flawless order-to-cash execution ensuring immediate resolution to issues.
- Implement and maintain customer focused procedures. Ensure supply chain goals do not conflict with customer rules.
- This position will manage a team of non-exempt direct reports.
- This position will visit our supply chain facilities and our customers; traveling up to 30-40% of the time.
- The Domestic Operations Manager will have daily oversight and reporting responsibility for all order management within assigned areas.
- Identify, design and partner with IT to develop systematic solutions in order to streamline processes, cut costs, accurately process orders, and support all business functions.
- Assist with oversight of the Customer Service teams order management.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task, change priorities as needed, and complete projects as assigned.
- Excellent team management, coaching and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills; able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent order management / customer service skills.
- Proven tenacious problem solving skills required to resolve issues, measure performance, and drive productivity and accuracy
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years management experience in Order Management, Customer Service, Sales or Logistics.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of Supply Chain.
- Previous Order Management, Distribution, Logistics, Supply Chain or related experience preferred
- Proficient in PC use including strong skills in MS Windows and Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Word).
- Past experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Navision) a plus.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today