Carters/OshKosh Sr. Manager, Retail Infrastructure in Atlanta, Georgia
Sr. Manager, Retail Infrastructure
- Date Updated:March 26, 2018Job Level:Management
- Job Type:Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience:10 - 15 Years
- Travel:Not SpecifiedLevel of Education:BA/BS
- Position ID:85329-262903
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com , www.oshkoshbgosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop , a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com .
Responsible for the complete Retail Architecture and Infrastructure environment for more than 800 stores, with potential for future store growth and international expansion.Leading a team of network analysts, manage and deliver exceptional service to these retail units.Provide creative thought leadership to internal business partners with enhanced store of the future technology projects reliant upon consistent and redundant network architecture.
Critical to the success of this role is the oversight and management of the external network managed service vendor, in-store technology architecture, and cloud architecture.Responsible to continually reevaluate the existing contract and service agreements.Routinely ensure all vendor processes/protocols are established/maintained/followed and all SLAs are met. If they are not met, identify why and hold vendor accountable until resolved, possibly leveraging contractual agreements to seek payment remittance.Confirm appropriate escalation of critical issues is executed with urgency and accuracy.Closely partner with internal support resources and 3rd party support teams for issues that may require multiple disciplines be engaged for issue resolution. Ability to manage these types of tasks in a PM lifecycle approach is ideal.Driving a roadmap of success in which the vendor and internal stakeholders can clearly see planned maintenance, enhancements, defect triage/resolution, project deliverables and strategic direction set for the retail infrastructure environment.
- Drive strategic initiatives with Director, VP and internal business partners for improved future state architecture design and enhanced features/roadmaps gathered from internal business partners.
- Provide network strategy for all aspects of Retail Store Network which includes but not limited to: store network router, switch, cabling, wireless infrastructure, telecommunications, data communications and management of new store network/telecommunications implementation.Maintain Tier 3 24x7x365 on call support of network analysts to support store support help desk agents.
- Improve and increase internet speeds within the fleet of 800 stores.
- Proactively manage bandwidth growth of increasing network data requirements.
- Optimize Store Wi-Fi capabilities while congruently ensuring Wi-Fi usage never impacts PoS core critical operations.Strategically analyze and optimize the location and performance of access points in stores.
- Manage Networking Systems technical problems, quickly identifying, addressing and resolving issues.
- Provide overall software and hardware strategy of Retail in-store technology environment, including cloud architecture. Continually evaluate if the proper tools and resources are being leveraged to effectively manage infrastructure services, both on premise and cloud.This includes but is not limited to software monitoring, OS patching and configuration management tools.
- Improve operational intelligence by developing accurate dashboards with tools such as SPLUNK and VEEAM.Create relevant metrics and reports for output to various levels of the organization.Present findings on a set frequency to senior leadership audience.
- Partner with Retail Store Systems support teams and vendors to improve incident management and escalations processes.
- Maintain strong communications and foster confident and trustful working relationship with Store Systems, Store Support, Store Operations, Enterprise Architects, Engineering Services, Security, Facilities, Construction/Store Design, the PMO and other internal/external partners.
- Manage scheduling, staffing and evaluation of individuals within his/her team.Recruits and selects for employment high quality Network and System Analyst personnel.
- Provides valuable project management for all operational and project related workloads according to PLC guidelines.Oversee project activities of direct reports ensuring adherence to established PLC methodology.
- Audits and evaluates the performance of his/her functional areas of responsibility in the organization and takes or recommends whatever action is necessary to insure that objectives and goals are achieved efficiently.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor Degree or 12+ years of IT engineering experience, with 5 -7 years managing infrastructures and architectures in a corporate environment supporting 1000+ users.
- Retail IT experience highly preferred.
- Prior experience with MSP vendor relationship.Preferably responsible for the relationship and driving strategic initiatives/roadmap.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience managing vendor service agreements for a minimum of 300 locations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading and mentoring direct reports.Prior responsibility leading highly effective teams and organizational structures, developing strong team succession plans and delivering crucial employee conversations.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today