Carters/OshKosh Senior Security Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Senior Security Engineer
- Date Updated:May 10, 2018Job Level:Mid Career (2+ years)
- Job Type:Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience:Any
- Travel:Not SpecifiedLevel of Education:BA/BS
- Position ID:85329-264021
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com , www.oshkoshbgosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop , a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com .
The Senior Security Engineer is a member of the Security Services team reporting to the Manager of IT Security Operations and Engineering. Security Engineers are focused on designing and implementing solutions approved by both Security Management and other support team members to support the overall business goals of Carters. Additionally, Engineers support business operations teams with technical tasks to decrease security risks.
Security Solution Design & Deployment (65%)
- Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend and plan implementation of new or improved information security software or devices: analyze new or enhanced software application or tool implementations for implications to existing security software and devices.
- Ensure the protection, integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information in the custody of or processed by the Company by responding in a timely manner to a loss or misuse of information assets;
- Participate in investigations of suspected information security misuse or in compliance reviews as requested by auditors; communicate unresolved security exposures, misuse or noncompliance situations to management.
- Research and consult with key technology suppliers and industry consultants to evaluate, select, install, and configure hardware and software systems that provide appropriate security functions.
Administrative / Documentation (20%)
- Aid in review of security policies and guide the administration of security tools that control and monitor information security, including: access control, alert on and investigating potential misuse or breaches, design computer system access and reports to limit risk and identify possible security violations, document data privacy and protection.
- Develops procedural documentation to ensure all security processes are well defined and maintained
IT / Security Operations Support (15%)
- Assist resource owners and IT staff in understanding and responding to security audit failures reported by internal and external auditing departments.
- Review operation logs and event console activity to determine cause of security related events or to identify potential security related events.
- Provide technical consultation in new systems development and enhancement of existing systems related to system security.
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years experience in an Information Security Program including measuring performance/effectiveness, security baseline governance, etc.
- Security Engineering background, deep technical knowledge
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with senior management across disciplines
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field, preferred.
- CISSP, CISM, SANS, OSCP or similar is preferred
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today