Carters/OshKosh Senior Director of Store Operations in Atlanta, Georgia
Senior Director of Store Operations
- Date Updated:April 20, 2018Job Level:Management
- Job Type:Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience:10 - 15 Years
- Travel:Not SpecifiedLevel of Education:BA/BS
- Position ID:85329-260831
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com , www.oshkoshbgosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop , a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com .
New Store Process
- Lead the effective execution of new store pre-opening activities including recruiting, staffing, workforce planning, marketing, inventory allocation, grand opening readiness, events, and overall support of the store teams
- Direct and influence store opening process improvement and cost reduction across field leadership, visual merchandising, real estate, operations and HR. Conduct post-opening review of opening process to identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop and maintain a written Standard Operating Procedure, incorporating key learnings, tools and processes from new store openings. Collaboration
- Partner with Store Planning to maximize productivity of store design. Ensure stores (remodeled and new) have the most efficient backroom design allowing for maximum efficiency and capacity of product
- In collaboration with Regional Leaders, District Managers, and Business Partners, achieve store sales and profitability targets within first 12 months post-open
- Partner with cross-functional teams in Merchandising, Planning, Visual, Operations and Marketing to drive in-store impact and reduce workload. Partner with Regional Leaders to create store performance expectations
- Maintain consistent communication with the store teams through store visits and field conference calls
- Act as a liaison between merchandise planning, buying, operations, and field organization to communicate end of season results and conduct seasonal hindsight of results with leadership and store teams. Partner with the store teams to develop seasonal plans, departmental strategies, and promotional event calendars.
- Lead the store communication team to consolidate daily communication from cross-functional corporate teams to stores.
- Ensure store teams are able to complete workload, ensure projects are completed on time, and maintain focus on an exceptional brand experience.
- Provide the team with professional and personal development in accordance with the Carters development standards Analytics
- Analyze sales and profitability trends and develop store strategies to drive financial results. Present recommendations to leadership and communicate strategies to the field.
- Create analytical tools to improve store reporting and metrics. Identify risks and opportunities by location to mitigate potential lost sales
- Develop, implement and manage strategic expense initiatives that will provide an ultimate retail experience in stores in partnership with VP of Stores and VP of Finance
- With the field leadership team, monitor, analyze, report and improve upon store incentive programs
- Responsible for building annual payroll budget. Reforecast and adjust as needed to meet financial targets
- Collaborate with store teams to optimize volume by location in conjunction with the merchandise initiatives and strategies
- Manage fleet status for both brands in coordination with Real Estate and provide recommendations based on age, profit, volume and lease expiration Innovation
- Drive store profitability and productivity in an entrepreneurial environment
- Lead retail store operation initiatives, remaining in close contact with Real Estate, Visual Merchandising, and IT and other cross functional areas. Monitor capital expense project status, adjusting plans/projections as necessary
- Drive innovation through the Retail Point of Sale System and other retail Information Systems in partnership with IT / HR.
- Develop, implement and monitor maintenance projects based on need, business demands, Real Estate strategy, and legal requirements.
- Continually improve the overall service levels provided to the stores from a facilities and maintenance perspective
- Lead - Director of Store Processes, Senior Manager of Store Operations, Senior Manager of Facilities and New Store Openings
Experience and Skills
- 10+ years experience working in the Retail or Services industry
- 5-7 years experience managing and/or directing store based operations
- Minimum of 5 years of multi-unit field experience in a dynamic, large-scale retail or services organization with demonstrated progressive upward mobility
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with new store and remodel processes
- Experience in strategic planning for store level execution
BA or BS degree
- Strong business acumen
- Self-motivated, focused, driven individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to prioritize, multi task, and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ability to manage workload independently
- Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with multiple cross functional channels
- Advanced Excel skills with the ability to learn new systems
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today