Carters/OshKosh Product Development and Sourcing Coordinator, Child of Mine in Atlanta, Georgia
Product Development and Sourcing Coordinator, Child of Mine
- Date Updated:March 26, 2018Job Level:Entry Level(less than 2 years)
- Job Type:Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience:Up to 2 Years
- Travel:Not SpecifiedLevel of Education:BA/BS
- Position ID:85329-261920
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com , www.oshkoshbgosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop , a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com .
- Daily communication with both internal teams (Merchandising, Tech Design, Operations, Quality, Design, etc...) and external partners (agents & factories) to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly. Summarize and report findings
- Clarify and reinforce sampling needs, Quality Assurance standards, and development policies/procedures for the agents & factories and for new internal and international employees
- Assist in the development of new trims, art techniques, and new fabrications. Document and report low-cost alternatives learned by collaborating with internal resources, international employees and external manufacturing partners when requested
- Maintain accurate and timely records within designated enterprise technology systems; utilize data to analyze product development needs and provide ad-hoc reports to internal parties, international counterparts, and external clients as needed
- Support Sales, Merchandising and Design by ordering, tracking and reporting Market & Sales Sample status. Attend sample review sessions to note design changes, help identify possible development or product quality concerns, and clearly communicate the revisions to all parties via summaries and/or enterprise technology (Product Lifecycle Management system)
- Calculate and secure yardage for all required samples (proto, market, sales and design) and track delivery to the factory
- Add process value by reviewing inbound submits/packages of lab dips, art punches, strike offs , fit and PP samples for accuracy before seeking cross-functional feedback and again prior to entering/sending comments to external parties via PLM technology
- Responsible for tracking and receipt of all development and production samples (fit, size set, Pre-Pro, and TOP) ensuring they are received and reviewed within the needed timeframe to keep development and production on schedule. Alert the appropriate parties for expediting help to deliver product within the planned period
- Communicate and monitor any special testing and sampling needs for specific customers (Costco, Sam's, Wal-Mart, etc...)
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Time & Action (T&A) calendars to monitor seasonal progress and ensure that deadlines, specific to approvals and fabric commitments, are met and work with appropriate teams if running behind schedule
- Create and maintain Production Bill of Materials (BOMs) to meet the desired Design and Merchandising product aesthetics
- Support Product Development & Sourcing Management with data management as needed, including costing Request For Quotes (RFQs) and capacity management attributes required for enterprise technology reporting.
- Assist with the documentation and validation of liabilities, excess fabric disposal and sampling charges
- Professional communication with global vendors, agent representatives and company employees stationed outside the U.S.A.
- Assist with special projects such as performing competitor/internal product aesthetics and cost analysis
- Identify process improvements, document procedures and drive efficiencies and/or automation
- Develop the expertise to anticipate potential customer needs/concerns (consumer, sales, merchandising, and design)
Experience and Skills
- 6 months to 3 years industry knowledge in either Textile and/or Apparel Manufacturing, Merchandising or Product Development
- Bachelors Degree or a minimum of 4 years industry experience directly related to Apparel Sourcing or Product Development
- Basic understanding of apparel design, merchandising and product development activities
- Advanced grammar and communication skills; capable of interpreting and conveying international business concepts
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc…)
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today