Carters/OshKosh Manager, Global Inventory Control - Accounting in Atlanta, Georgia
Manager, Global Inventory Control - Accounting
- Date Updated:April 18, 2018Job Level:Management
- Job Type:Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience:Any
- Travel:Not SpecifiedLevel of Education:BA/BS
- Position ID:85329-261656
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com , www.oshkoshbgosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop , a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com .
35% Month End Close Processes
- Manage Finished Goods Excess and Full Package Liability entries by insuring information is gathered, validated, compiled, and analyzed account information.
- Prepare Excess Package Executive Summary and review source data. Analyze results and insure variances and process/control narrative compliance.
- Compile, validate, and prepare Corporate Inventory Summary and insure applicable support data is complete and accurate.
- Prepare monthly General Ledger account analysis and reconciliations for assigned Inventory accounts by location, to include Finished Goods, In Transit, etc.
- Review analysis of Inventory Adjustments to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis by location, inclusive of gap analysis between Wholesale Operations and Retail Operations.
- Prepare explanations for significant variances to budget/forecast for specific lines of the P&L for monthly close.
- Review all Inventory Reserve accounts monthly in compliance with Corporate Policy.
25% DC Compliance related to Corporate Controls
- Participate in process reviews to insure Global Corporate Compliance with Accounting Policies.
- Review and contribute to the design or enhancement of existing inventory and process controls.
20% Audit and SOX Compliance Function
- Prepare Audit Committee Deck Inventory slides and validate all collected data.
- Address accounting questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and US GAAP.
- Ensure that closing calendar timelines are met for all tasks, effectively communicating any issues cross functionally.
- Assist internal and external audit teams during financial and SOX audits/reviews.
- Perform ad hoc queries and reports as required, inclusive of Inventory Turns and Forward Week reporting.
20% Integration and Special Projects
- Ability to Interface with Manager of Retail Inventory Control, DC Management, Loss Prevention, and other departments.
- Manage special projects as assigned by the Director of Global Inventory Control.
- Supervisory responsibilities over 1 Senior Inventory Control Accountant
- Support Director of Global Inventory Control in process management and Special Projects, operational expansion, etc...
Experience and Skills
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP.
- Ability to handle changing priorities in a high velocity environment as well as multi-task outside primary areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to assist in the management of departmental projects and/or initiatives.
- Commitment to meeting daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines regardless of the obstacles (overtime may be required).
- Highly motivated and dedicated to contributing to the growth and success of the company.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of accounting theory and practice with a focus on Inventory Controls, Process Orientation, and cost structure.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand and analyze highly complex operational processes.
- Capable of operating independently with minimal direction from management to accomplish objectives; highly organized.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and familiarity working with General Ledger applications (SAP & Infor)
- Knowledge of Infor, Omnia, BOBJ, SAP, Microstrategy, and HFM a plus.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance required; Masters Degree or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years corporate or public accounting experience required.
- Minimum 2 years of Inventory Control/Reporting experience a plus.
- Experience working with Infor Financial Management system and Omnia a plus.
- Retail industry experience and/or public accounting experience a plus.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time as required.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today