Carters/OshKosh Director of Payroll in Atlanta, Georgia
Director of Payroll
Date Updated: July 02, 2018
Job Level: Director
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Years of Experience: 10 - 15 Years
Travel: Not Specified
Level of Education: BA/BS
Position ID: 85329-266455
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com , www.oshkoshbgosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop , a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com .
Payroll Operations - 50%
- Lead the companys strategic direction and administration of global payroll processes for all employees (approx. 20k employees)
- Directional leadership responsibility for production of weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and special compensation payroll runs (annual incentive, retirement plan Company match, etc.).
- Strategic partner to all domestic and international payroll platform providers, (ADP, iAdmin, Fesco, etc.) to ensure a seamless payroll experience.
- Create and implement SLAs and KPIs that meet the needs of the business and ensure a culture of excellent customer service to all employees and partners.
- Develop integration methodologies for on-going acquisitions and business expansion.
- Act as the point of escalation for partners across all business units by conducting root cause analysis to effectively troubleshoot.
- Participate in formal skills training and build significant team knowledge of systems, regulations, and payroll best practices.
Legal Compliance and Internal Controls - 20%
- Comply with local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislations, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions. Ensure effective communication between HR, Operations, Finance, and other departments regarding any change and impact to associates or the business.
- Direct the implementation and maintenance of payroll processes to meet all local regulatory requirements. Ensure that all processes are considered best practice and are compliant with regulations including; both internal and external processes.
- Lead tax and regulatory reporting for quarter and year-end payroll activities including; wage and hour laws, unemployment, and all other required submissions that vary by country. Create a strategic plan for the production and distribution of all employee tax statements and notifications (i.e. W-2s, T-4s, ROEs, etc.)
- Facilitate a process to ensure the complete, accurate and timely payment of all annual and periodic tax returns for each country. Manage the relationship with all 3rd party vendors to ensure tax statements are filed properly to all governing bodies and associates.
- Act as key partner for internal and external payroll related audits
- Develop and implement internal controls that will safeguard company assets and all confidential information.
Payroll Tax & Accounting - 20%
- Manage all expatriate payroll processes. Partner with external accounting firm(s) to ensure all necessary payroll and tax requirements, for each associate and business are met. Review and approve all journal entries and payroll processing for expatriates.
- Direct the preparation and review of monthly account reconciliation. Closely monitor the resolution of any variances within the approved SLA of 30 days, unless approved otherwise.
- Lead the process to calculate and record tax liabilities associated with restricted stock and stock option vesting and exercise activities. Partner with the Compensation department on key dates and processes to ensure executive payroll is updated timely and accurately.
Special Projects - 10%
- Develop payroll policies, objectives to ensure the long-range success of the payroll department. Develop and implement projects and programs to facilitate success.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or closely related field preferred
- 10+years of demonstrated success in a high volume finance department, with 3-5 years of international finance experience
- CPA and/ or CPP certification highly desired
- Experience supporting both hourly and salaried associates in an organization of approx.20,000 or more employee preferred
- Proficient with various software and ERP systems
- ADP Streamline / Datahub and Pay@Work, iAdmin, Adecco, Fesco payroll knowledge a plus
- ADP Enterprise V5 and ADP eTime experience required
- Ceridian DayForce
- Knowledge of Federal, State, Local and International payroll guidelines and requlatory requirements.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft products; Excel, Access, Powerpoint
- Ability to set standards, measure results and coach teams to high performance
- Exceptional knowledge of payroll processing. Understanding the process from beginning to end.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements, taxes, payroll accounting and internal controls
- Advanced Excel skills, strong database knowledge and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated, organized, and effectively achieves team goals
- Excellent team player who works well in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work effectively with external partners as well as internal employees
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate independent, objective, open-minded thinking with strong attention to detail and sound judgement Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail in a high volume and fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of international payroll and tax processes with multiple withholding, benefits (health and welfare and retirement), garnishments, and labor compliance and basic accounting procedures related to payroll.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner
- Energetic and positive approach to problem solving and trouble-shooting issues, can take tasks and run with it
- Team player who can build strong relationship with all members of the organization as well as outsourced vendor partners.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today