Carters/OshKosh Assistant Merchant, Executive Development Program in Atlanta, Georgia
Assistant Merchant, Executive Development Program
- Date Updated:March 05, 2018Job Level:Entry Level(less than 2 years)
- Job Type:Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience:Less than 1 Year
- Travel:Not SpecifiedLevel of Education:BA/BS
- Position ID:85329-261543
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com , www.oshkoshbgosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop , a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com .
- Partner with Director to develop and manage seasonal line structure to drive growth.
- Analyze POS data on a weekly basis, for multi-channel business. Identify and summarize performance trends and areas of opportunity.
- Develop awareness of competitive landscape and report on findings.
- Develop strong relationships with cross-functional team (product, sourcing, design, forecasting, sales, buying).
- Owner of style set-up in Line Plan System: Understand complexities of database, and impacts to other systems. Strong attention to detail, ability to keep up with line changes in the system.
- Owner of Line Sheets: partnering with Design and Creative Services to ensure selling tools are properly updated for all key forecasts and meetings.
- Own packaging and marketing requests.
- Participate in costing activities and analysis.
- Manages samples.
- Ability to fill in and perform key tasks of Director of Merchandising
- Develop presentation skills
- Identify new trends and have an eye for product
Experience and Skills
- Bachelors degree required
- 0-1 years merchandising, retail sales, buying experience or internship
- Demonstrated knowledge of retail metrics and sales
- Strong working knowledge of Excel reports and PowerPoint presentations
- Detail oriented and organized
- Demonstrated ability working cross-functionally and leading a team
- Ability to hit concurrent deadlines, manage and prioritize own workload
- Demonstrates strong presentation and influencing skills
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today