Carters/OshKosh Senior Human Resources Manager in Stockbridge, Georgia
Senior Human Resources Manager
- Date Updated:October 01, 2017Job Level:Management
- Job Type:Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience:Any
- Travel:Not SpecifiedLevel of Education:BA/BS
- Position ID:85329-252961
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in the United States and Canada of apparel and related products exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through nearly 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States and Canada and on-line at www.carters.com , www.oshkosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You, Precious Firsts, and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon.com. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. If you dream of working with innovative colleagues who support and inspire you, Count on Carter's .
- Act as strategic business partner to senior leadership on all HR related initiatives/activities for Distribution center, International logistics & Transportation teams.
- Advise management in the proper application of company policy, procedures and employment laws.
- Serve as a resource for management and associates to identify and resolve employee relation issues. Conduct full employee investigations and partner with legal counsel as needed.
- Lead practices for recruitment, hiring, on boarding training, promotions and terminations to ensure compliance with equal employment opportunity.
- Partner with operations management to ensure a safe working environment and compliance with Carters Safety Program.
- Lead execution of employee engagement activities for Stockbridge(monthly town halls, birthday chats, employee communications, employee survey and action teams)
- Facilitate employee relation initiatives and rewards/recognition programs to promote positive workforce morale.
- Coordinate management training programs to include policy, sexual harassment, union avoidance and leadership development.
- Administer performance review program and facilitate salary administration to ensure consistency and equity in pay practices.
- Identify and implement initiatives within the local community to promote good relations.
- Supervise two direct reports: Human Resources Generalist and Human Resources Coordinator.
- Indirectly manage a @600 employees non peak & @800 peak season in @5 to 10 employees in Chino California
- Correspond with outside agencies to include Department of Labor, Temporary Employment Agencies, and Facility Service Providers.
- Maintain a communication network with other area employers.
- Local team captain supporting corporate fund raising efforts.
Experience and Skills
- Working knowledge of state and federal laws to include EEOC, AAP, OSHA, FMLA, ADA and FLSA
- Working knowledge of recruitment strategies and metrics
- Working knowledge of employee engagement strategies and metrics
- Ability to lead & influence leaders up and down in organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and HR Systems; ability to prepare written reports, analysis and presentations to senior leadership as required.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective leadership & interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally.
- Bachelors Degree & 57 years progressive Senior Human Resources leadership experience within retail, e commerce, or wholesale distribution or field operations.
- PHR/SPHR Certification preferred
- Use general office equipment to include computer, printer, copier, telephone and calculator.
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 15lbs.
- Climb stairs and walk over distances within the facility.
- Must be available to work in a multi-shift distribution environment, flexible to work different shifts and extended hours based upon business needs.
- Must be available to work over consecutive days in a row (for example 14+ days) and holidays as needed.
- Holiday schedule to be decided by Management.
- Comply with Blackout Periods (no vacation or personal time allowed) as determined by Management.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today