Carters/OshKosh Risk Management Worker’s Compensation Specialist in Atlanta, Georgia
Risk Management Worker’s Compensation Specialist
- Date Updated:October 09, 2017Job Level:Mid Career (2+ years)
- Job Type:Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience:2 - 5 Years
- Travel:Not SpecifiedLevel of Education:BA/BS
- Position ID:85329-251305
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in the United States and Canada of apparel and related products exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through nearly 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States and Canada and on-line at www.carters.com , www.oshkosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You, Precious Firsts, and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon.com. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. If you dream of working with innovative colleagues who support and inspire you, Count on Carter's .
Primary Job Duty: Manage Workers Compensation claims, reporting, and compliance, including vendor management, policy interpretation, and issue resolution.
Workers Compensation Claims and Expense Management (70%)
- Manage Workers Compensation claims, including oversight of external Workers Compensation insurer and driving internal claims discussions with HRBPs/legal/managers.
- Manage individual employee conversations, including policy interpretation and issue resolution.
- Manage key claims activity, driving appropriate, timely action to contain claims exposure (e.g. legal requests, settlement review, wage statements, job descriptions, etc.). Manage return to work process and accommodations review. Identify and manage initiatives to mitigate future risk.
- Ensure Workers Compensation claims are appropriately tracked and managed in the LOA system, including escalation of any necessary short term or long term disability claims.
- Manage Company communications, policies, forms, and procedure documents associated with Workers Compensation. Includes identification and implementation of program improvements.
- Partner with Risk Management on General Liability claims and Safety initiatives.
- Manage HRIS and other system requirements for claims, including escalation of STD/LTD review as appropriate. Support employee claims conversations.
Compliance, Reporting, & Special Projects (30%)
- Manage vendor/state audit and premium requirements, including coordination of data from other internal business partners. Manage annual WC postings and OSHA reporting.
- Manage reporting of key department metrics, including partnership with Risk Management and finance. Evaluate metrics to drive future strategic initiatives.
- Support special projects as needed based on department needs. Support all aspects of LOA, New Parent Benefits, & Tuition Assistance administration as needed based on department scheduling and workload.
Experience and Skills
- 2-3 years prior Workers Compensation or HR experience required
- Bachelors Degree required
- Prior experience with LOA a plus
- Experience in a retail environment a plus
- Experience working with HRIS systems, ADP Enterprise and ADPR preferred
- Manage conversations with HR/legal/external vendors to mitigate claims risk, drive key claims activity, and manage issue resolution
- Partner with finance and risk management to monitor department financials
- Assist with various HR and Benefits projects and support employee benefit questions or issues
- Excellent customer service skills, supporting both internal and external customers.
- Able to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and problem-solving skills.
- Strong MS Office skills (especially excel) with proven ability to quickly learn other required systems. HRIS and Benefits Admin system experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Workers Compensation regulations, including state-specific regulations.
- Must maintain complete confidentiality at all times.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today