Carters/OshKosh Lease Accountant in Atlanta, Georgia
- Date Updated:October 17, 2017Job Level:Mid Career (2+ years)
- Job Type:Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience:2 - 5 Years
- Travel:Not SpecifiedLevel of Education:BA/BS
- Position ID:85329-254648
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in the United States and Canada of apparel and related products exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through nearly 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States and Canada and on-line at www.carters.com , www.oshkosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You, Precious Firsts, and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon.com. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. If you dream of working with innovative colleagues who support and inspire you, Count on Carter's .
- Ensure proper accounting and reporting of all international retail leases in accordance with lease terms and applicable accounting rules (ASC 842), including straight-line rent accruals, breakpoint rent accruals, deferred construction allowances, and landlord receivables. Current number of leases under management will be 165 with future growth to 225+
- Ensure proper accounting and reporting for all global non-real estate leases under new accounting pronouncement (ASC 842). Fully develop all processes and controls for non-real estate leases to ensure compliance with standard and ongoing financial controls. Current number of non-real estate leases estimated to be included is 120 - 150 with continued growth as the business grows.
- Preparation of rent budgets and projections for international retail leases.
- Participate in international real estate committee meetings to ensure all decisions for store closures, rent renewals, new store openings are reflected in core systems and updated for financial impacts.
- Preparation of retail lease payments based on lease agreement terms and landlord statements
- Complete monthly / quarterly review of CAM and Tax escrow adjustments. Actively perform audits of all landlord adjustment invoices and reconciliations per the lease agreement.
- Analyze balance sheet and expense accounts and prepare necessary journal entry adjustments
- Monthly/quarterly retail finance close procedures and reporting of financial results, including monthly/quarterly reconciliation of retail balance sheet accounts Analysis & Reporting
- Prepare monthly/quarterly lease expense analyses of retail stores. Lead monthly call with International business partners on lease expense variances and updates to key changes.
- Quarterly reporting of key performance indicators
- Forecast monthly rent expense and related lease accounting entries
- Prepare ad hoc analysis for management Internal Controls
- Maintain retail systems and databases based on changes in business
- Assist with internal and external audit requests Internal Communication
- Significant internal communication with International Business Partners, Lease Administration, Real Estate, Construction, Accounts Payable, and Corporate Accounting
- Communication with landlords, vendors, and external auditors
Experience and Skills
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years of Accounting experience
- Prior retail lease accounting experience and experience with a real estate management system is highly desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; strong Excel and general computer skills
- Self-motivated, organized, and effectively achieves team goals
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Excellent team player who works well in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work effectively with external vendors as well as internal employees
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate independent, objective, open-minded thinking with strong attention to detail
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today