Carters/OshKosh Global Payroll Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Global Payroll Manager
- Date Updated:October 11, 2017Job Level:Management
- Job Type:Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience:7 - 10 Years
- Travel:Not SpecifiedLevel of Education:BA/BS
- Position ID:85329-254617
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in the United States and Canada of apparel and related products exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through nearly 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States and Canada and on-line at www.carters.com , www.oshkosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You, Precious Firsts, and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon.com. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. If you dream of working with innovative colleagues who support and inspire you, Count on Carter's .
International Payroll and Payroll Accounting - 50%
Manage global payroll team and processes according to the established deadlines with internal and ADP partners
Maintain full calendar of all necessary deadlines
- Set internal control procedure in accordance with management and internal audit expectations. Ensure continuous compliance.
- Timely, accurate and complete payrolls with constant focus on process improvement
Manage all payroll and payroll tax accounting processes
Completion of all global payroll and payroll tax journal entries
- Balance sheet account reconciliations & review of both payroll and payroll accounts. Ensure all reconciling items are cleared timely and accurately.
- Adjusting and ad hoc journal entries as needed to support fiscal close processes.
- Management of all expatriate payrolls. Partner with external accounting firms to facilitate all necessary requirements for shadow payrolls and proper local taxation.
- Manage the setup of EV5 payroll system including: earning codes, deduction codes, memo codes, accumulators and taxes configuration. Maintain a process ensuring that both EV5 and ADP mainframe remain in sync and consistency across all pay groups.
- Maintain regular KPIs of payroll processes internal and external. Utilize KPI metrics and results to drive process improvements across the organization.
- Establish and maintain all standards of customer service within the payroll team providing best in class customer service.
- Set goals and standards for the payroll process across all countries including US, Canada, Hong Kong, Puerto Rico and other countries.
- Maintain a full partnership with HR Shared Services driving agreed upon timelines and procedures where processes intersect. Continuously implement process improvements.
- Maintain documentation of all payroll SOPs ensuring consistent & repeatable processes.
- Provide continuous training to the payroll staff and set expectations of continued technical growth. Set all staff up for internal growth within organization. International Payroll Tax - 30%
Manage tax requirements for each location.
Monitor ADP tax team facilitating notices received. Provide continuous review of all taxes under ADP responsibility.
- Complete registrations of all necessary locations.
- Maintain payment schedules for all taxes not directly processed by ADP.
- Establish tax configuration standards for the HR Shared Services team, ensuring accurate application of all Federal, State and local tax requirements. Legal Compliance and Internal Controls - 20%
- Facilitate complete, accurate and timely filing of annual tax returns including W2s, Canadian T4s/Releves, HK tax statements and other international tax statements.
- Maintain standards for all garnishment processing
- Act as the key liaison for internal and external payroll related audits
- Implement controls where needed to ensure accuracy of processes and financial statement.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelors degree in finance, accounting or business. CPP required and CPA highly preferred
- 7-10 years of direct payroll management, preferably in a global high volume processing environment
- Experience with ADP payroll systems including: ADP Enterprise, ADP Streamline, FACS, ADP Reporting, Garnishment Services, ADP General Ledger.
- Solid experience managing payroll tax including large volume of state and local taxes.
- Experience with international payroll processing especially Canadian payroll.
- Solid background in process improvement, project management and execution of company initiatives
- Ability to set standards, measure results and coach teams to high performance
- Strong knowledge of accounting related to payroll processing. Understanding the process from beginning to end.
- Advanced Excel skills, strong database knowledge and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated, organized, and effectively achieves team goals
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Excellent team player who works well in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work effectively with external partners as well as internal employees
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate independent, objective, open-minded thinking with strong attention to detail and sound judgement
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today