Carters/OshKosh Assistant Designer, Girls Playwear in Atlanta, Georgia
Assistant Designer, Girls Playwear
- Date Updated:July 17, 2017Job Level:Mid Career (2+ years)
- Job Type:Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience:2 - 5 Years
- Travel:Not SpecifiedLevel of Education:BA/BS
- Position ID:85329-248706
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in the United States and Canada of apparel and related products exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through nearly 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States and Canada and on-line at www.carters.com , www.oshkosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You, Precious Firsts, and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon.com. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. If you dream of working with innovative colleagues who support and inspire you, Count on Carter's .
- Actively participates in the conceptual development of product lines (ie: research trends, shop locally, develop fabric and trims)
- Prepare and update sketches in Illustrator, tech packs, linesheets and BOMs; ensure that line plan requirements are met.
- Assist in coloring up collections in Illustrator.
- Assist in the development of new fabrications, trims, techniques, & protos to enhance and refresh the line seasonally.
- Partner with designer on crossfunctional communication throughout the development and production life-cycle .
- Maintain organization of files, inspiration samples, and production samples
- Shop the competition to stay on top of trends and business opportunities
- Track and follow up on all developments/samples to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintain design and development charts
- Flexibility to assist other team members, as necessary
Experience and Skills
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, PLM, Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to understand customer needs and emerging trends and translate into brand right product
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task
- Ability to partner in a team environment and anticipate the needs of others
- PLM, Web PDM or similar program, preferred
- Bachelors degree (Apparel Design, preferred)
- 2+ years designing knit product
- Travel- 15% domestic
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today